Friday, October 19, 2018

Oh, Crap

     Yesterday was my appointment with my Oncologist.  The news was bad.  My PSA score increased from 4.3 to 8.4.  It appears that there is some of my cancer that has figured a way around the Zytiga that I've been taking.  So now, in 2 weeks (while continuing with my current medications), I'll be going through a whole battery of scans to see where the cancer is now and at what strength.  So, if you see an aura around me on November first, it won't be my glowing personality but the nuclear cocktail I had to drink.  On the 2nd, We'll meet with my doctor again, and most likely, I'll start a round of chemotherapy.  Not what I was looking for.
     Its nice to be rid of the Zytiga and its $2883 monthly co-pay, but along with that, I'll probably lose my hair.  So much for my new beard.
     I sure hope this will work.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

We got this! #noonefightsalone Love you, Dad!!!

Max Teders said...

Thank you sweetie!!

Unknown said...

Hugs and prayers!